Healthy cookies – NO weird substitutions! You’ll love these Healthy Dark Chocolate Tahini Oatmeal cookies. This clean eating dessert recipe is easy and delicious. Yay for a healthy cookie recipes!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (reduce amount if you use table salt, maybe 1/4 – 1/2 depending on how you like your cookie flavor)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, melted and cooled slightly (I used Earth Balance)
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 flaxseed eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add oats, flour, salt, and baking soda. Whisk to evenly combine. Whisk in chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl mix butter, tahini, and sugar. Stir in the flaxseed egg and vanilla. Whisk to evenly combine.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and gently mix with a large spatula.
- Using a medium sized sorbet scoop (2 tablespoons size), scoop dough and evenly distribute on baking sheets, leaving about 3 inches of space in between each ball of dough.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, until cookies are set and tops don’t look as wet. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheets to room temperature. Enjoy!
Note #1: You can use real butter or real eggs and the recipe should still come out great. If you do try this, please let me know how it turns out in the comments below.
Note #2: The cookies are very soft. They’ll probably need to cool for a good bit before you can pick them up so they can set. It’s hard to tell if they’re “golden brown” like most cookie recipes because the dough is naturally golden looking. If in doubt, err on the side of cooking a wee bit more. I added 1 minute until mine looked set.
Keywords: Healthy Dessert, Dessert, chocolate, cookies, vegetarian, vegan