This Easy BBQ Tempeh Recipe couldn’t be simpler. The flavor is best when combined with homemade BBQ sauce, but the bottled kind will work just as well. This is the easiest way I’ve ever prepared tempeh before, and it packs a lot of flavor with very little effort. Talk about high ROI! Gluten-free options are available for all ingredients – check the labels when you’re grocery shopping.
- 1 8-ounce package of tempeh, sliced to make short strips, 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup homemade BBQ sauce, click to see which one I used (or sub bottled BBQ)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Combine tempeh and BBQ sauce in a bowl. Gently stir to coat all sides of tempeh slices. Marinate for 5-10 minutes (while you prep the greens for the previous recipe)
- Heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add tempeh and cook till each side is golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with Tangy Power Greens (previous recipe). Enjoy!
Time-saving tip: Marinate the tempeh while you prep the greens for the previous recipe.
Note: Feel free to marinate your tempeh longer for extra flavor – from 1 hour to overnight.