Jam Packed Day Continued

The first half of the day was about as busy as normal, but we had so much to do after work.

I had plans to make an important trip just after work to visit an office that closed at 5:30pm. Of course, the meeting that was supposed to end at 5pm ended late, so I totally missed my visit! Grr…wouldn’t have been so upset if I hadn’t been putting the trip off all week because I couldn’t fit it into my work schedule.

I stopped by Trader Joe’s to pick up stuff for dinner.  You should have seen my basket…I swear, if it weren’t for the sour cream I bought, you-da thought I was vegan (or at least vegetarian) ! lol I had soy creamer, veggie masala burgers, and other good stuff in my basket.

IMG_9857 IMG_9859

I was starving by the time I got home and started on dinner immediately – Beef Strogonaff! For the first time, instead of mincing my mushrooms, I sliced them up and even added more than usual. Perhaps I am starting to like them after all these years? 😉

IMG_9863 IMG_9864

I love how easy beef strongonaff is. I wish it cooked up faster, but at least the easy part is a score.


I normally serve my beef strogonaff over egg noodles, but we were out!  Who knew? 


I decided bowties were the next closest thing around. Paprika and parsley are the perfect garnish.


Round 2 – not as pretty, just as tasty


Bailey was sleepy all night…must be the weather



While I worked on a jewelry order post-dinner….



Hubby played Santa Claus delivering our hot cocoa mix and cookies to some friends.


I snacked on some of our treats – an Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookie


…a piece of Cookies and Cream bark


…and a handmade caramel.

Hubby and I are thinking of making chocolates for Christmas next year. I think that’s pretty awesome!

As if we hadn’t done enough in the day, we had plans to visit my fam this weekend. With reports that icy/snowy weather would hit town in the morning, we decided to take a late trip out of town.

After leaving work (later than expected), grocery shopping, cooking dinner, delivering gifts, and making a jewelry order, we still had to pack and hit the road.

It was 11pm by the time we got in the car, but we were worried about not being able to go at all if we didn’t leave when we did.  We made it to my parent’s house safe and sound, though quite tired.


How many trips will you be making to visit friends and family for the holidays?

2 thoughts on “Jam Packed Day Continued”

Leave a Comment