My craft room is a complete and utter mess. Sadly, it's been that way pretty much ever since we've moved into our apartment (well over a year ago). I know I keep talking about cleaning it up, but I've tried. I really have! My craft room has become almost a black hole – sucking all my time away into seemingly infinity. You see, I spend a couple hours here and there, organizing this, switching these craft goods for those craft goods, and then, feeling quite fulfilled that I've done my best for the day, I take a step back and look around, only to see that it doesn't really look that much different. This is frustrating, but ok, b/c I love organizing. When I was a kid, I used to spend hours organizing my bedroom – turning my picture frames just so and making everything was in the proper place. I truly enjoy organizing.
The problem now is that I have SO MUCH STUFF! I wonder where it all came in and when it all came in. I guess it came in one shopping trip at a time, huh? Tee-hee!
I had this past Monday off, so I decided to spend another good chunk of several hours working away on the craft room. As usual, it didn't look too different when I was done, but I did manage to think up a quick make-over project for some simple plastic bins.
I thought at first the bins would look okay on their own since they are the same brand, shape, size, and things grouped together usually look pretty good. But, I just wasn't happy seeing all the goodies I had inside those bins with everything else I have out in the open. I thought about labeling them, but I didn't have any labels, and I hate sticking sticky-things on things b/c labels never come off right. Soo…I dreamed up an idea and made a template by tracing the edge of the bin and adjusting it little bit by little bit. I used my template to trace out my pattern on some decorative scrapbook paper.
I used a simple, black marker to create my labels, slid the paper pieces inside the bins and…VOILA!
I can't reveal the whole room yet (b/c it's still a mess), but here are the finished bins with their new make-overs. If I had more time, I'm sure I could do something more elaborate, but these were pretty nice for a quick project.