I cannot take any credit for coming up with this idea, but can I tell you I saw the cutest way to organize knitting needles and crochet hooks? I saw this idea when I was visiting my local yarn store awhile back and knew I had to replicate the idea at home to keep my needles and hooks in order and where I could easily find them.
- Glass Container (or whatever type of container you want – clear containers show the glass stones better) – I got mine from Michael's
- Smooth Glass Stones/Pebbles – I got some pretty, turquoise stones, also, at Michael's
- Your knitting needles and/or crochet hooks
- Take the glass container, tilt partially to the side, and carefully and very gently place a handful of smooth glass stones in the bottom, releasing the stones near the bottom of the container.
- Continue to carefully add more and more stones to the container being careful to place the stones as close to the bottom of the container as possible. If you drop them in from high, you risk breaking/cracking the glass container.
- When all the stones are in the glass container and fill the container about 5-6 inches from the bottom, stick your knitting needles, crochet hooks, scissors, pens, etc into the stones.