Click here to learn more about the weekly food challenge and how you can play along. But, basically, you just make something during the challenge week with the weekly challenge food item and add your link to this post (leave a comment with your URL and I’ll add it). See, simple!
This Week’s Challenge Item (2/8 – 2/14) – Pomegranate Juice:
According to Parker-Pope, from her article “The 11 Best Foods You Aren’t Eating“, “Appears to lower blood pressure and loaded with antioxidants. How to eat: Just drink it.“
My 150 Healthiest Foods book is on my co-workers desk at the office, so I can’t look up to see if it’s in there, but according to Eat This!, helps fight various cancers, may prevent/slow Alzheimer’s Disease, and could even be beneficial for your teeth, among other things!
- Follow Parker-Pope’s advice and just drink it.
- Put it in smoothies
- Put it in a liquor drink
- Roasted Turkey with Pomegranate Sauce and Wild Rice and Goat Cheese Stuffing Recipe – Bobby Flay
- Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail – Ellie Krieger
- Pomegranate Cosmos Recipe – Ina Garten
- Spinach Salad with Dried Cranberries, Walnuts, and Pomegranate Vinaigrette – Robin Miller
- Red Wine Sangria – Bobby Flay
- Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry Bellinis – Giada DeLaurentiis
- Eton Mess – Nigella Lawson
- Pomegranate-Glazed Turkey with Roasted Fennel – EatingWell.com
Looks like it’s a great week for cocktails!
How to Play:
Everyone is welcome to play, but unfortunately, there’s no prize this week. 🙁 I hope you’ll still play along for fun, though!
- Cook/prepare something during the challenge week (2/8-2/14) with pomegranate juice
- Do a blog post about what you made
- Add the Challenge banner (the muffin photo – available here – click) to your blog post, optional
- Leave me a comment on this post to let me know you did your post so I can add you link to the list
TBD – Leave me a comment with a link to your pomegranate-post and I’ll add your link here.