Click here to learn more about the weekly food challenge and how you can play along. But, basically, you just make something during the challenge week with the weekly challenge food item and add your link to this post (leave a comment with your URL and I’ll add it). See, simple!
This Week’s Challenge Item (2/8 – 2/14) – Pomegranate Juice:
According to Parker-Pope, from her article “The 11 Best Foods You Aren’t Eating“, “Appears to lower blood pressure and loaded with antioxidants. How to eat: Just drink it.“
My 150 Healthiest Foods book is on my co-workers desk at the office, so I can’t look up to see if it’s in there, but according to Eat This!, helps fight various cancers, may prevent/slow Alzheimer’s Disease, and could even be beneficial for your teeth, among other things!
- Follow Parker-Pope’s advice and just drink it.
- Put it in smoothies
- Put it in a liquor drink
- Roasted Turkey with Pomegranate Sauce and Wild Rice and Goat Cheese Stuffing Recipe – Bobby Flay
- Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail – Ellie Krieger
- Pomegranate Cosmos Recipe – Ina Garten
- Spinach Salad with Dried Cranberries, Walnuts, and Pomegranate Vinaigrette – Robin Miller
- Red Wine Sangria – Bobby Flay
- Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry Bellinis – Giada DeLaurentiis
- Eton Mess – Nigella Lawson
- Pomegranate-Glazed Turkey with Roasted Fennel – EatingWell.com
Looks like it’s a great week for cocktails!
How to Play:
Everyone is welcome to play, but unfortunately, there’s no prize this week. 🙁 I hope you’ll still play along for fun, though!
- Cook/prepare something during the challenge week (2/8-2/14) with pomegranate juice
- Do a blog post about what you made
- Add the Challenge banner (the muffin photo – available here – click) to your blog post, optional
- Leave me a comment on this post to let me know you did your post so I can add you link to the list
TBD – Leave me a comment with a link to your pomegranate-post and I’ll add your link here.
8 thoughts on “Weekly Food Challenge (2/8 – 2/14) – Pomegranate Juice!”
Hope you're feeling better!
You're doing a great job with the challenges and journaling. I think you are showing people that it doesn't have to be hard and you can still enjoy 🙂
A friend of mine makes a delicious pomegranate sangria. But it was strong / potent so drink with caution…
Hope you're feeling better – there's a stomach virus going around up north here. I got my flu shot so knock wood, so far I am good.
This challenge looks good — I love pomegranate! I am going to have to try to think of something extra delicious. Maybe v-day themed??
Sorry you weren't feeling well this weekend!! Your eats Saturday look SO good though! That pasta with grape tomatoes looks sooo YUM and the bacon turkey bravo sandwich at panera is a favorite of mine. It's one of my feel-good indulgences. Plus the baguettes there…ahhh!!!
I'm making Pomtinis for Saturday night!
Hey! Pomegranate juice! When the quilty peeps and I went to see Martha Stewart, it turned out her show was on aging and they gave us all free pomegranate juice. I want to see some pomegranate martinis on here LOL!
I just wrote entered here – http://www.thesaladgirl.com/2009/02/10/pom-wonderful-more-macrobiotics/
I've never done this before so I'm not sure what exactly I need to do, but here are my pomegranate juice creations 🙂