How about an easy chicken recipe to grill up this summer? Try this Ginger Soy Grilled Chicken Recipe – made with only 3 ingredients.
Recipes with few ingredients are my fave. Isn’t it such a pain to go to the grocery store and pick up a dozen things to make one meal? I mean, sure it’s worth it once in awhile or for a special occasion, but for everyday eats, I’d rather just have everything on hand. I may not have fresh ginger at all times, but I always have soy sauce. Kikkoman has long been our family favorite brand for soy sauce. And ginger is easy enough to pick up with the chicken.
I normally don’t do recipes with marinades because I think they take too long (and when you’re often coming home after most people’s dinner time, you need fast-fast-fast), but given the simplicity of some of them, I don’t mind doing a little multi-tasking while I’m letting the chicken get delicious.Print
Here’s a super easy way to give chicken full-on flavor – Ginger Soy Grilled Chicken Recipe. Just use tasty soy sauce and vibrant fresh ginger in a quick marinade. Did I mention you only need 3 ingredients to make this?! A quick turn on the grill, and dinner is ready! The chicken is a bit salty due to the soy sauce, so be sure to serve it with plain rice to balance the flavors.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- sesame seeds, optional, for garnish
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce and ginger and whisk to combine. Set aside 1/2 the marinade in a small bowl (cover until ready to use).
- Marinate chicken in 1/2 the marinade for 30 minutes to one hour. Note: I like to take a large ziplock bag and roll the sides down. I’ll put the bag in a large bowl (see photos above), add the chicken, and pour the marinade over the chicken breasts. Then, I seal the bag and use my fingers to move the chicken to make sure they’re covered all around by the marinade.
- Pre-heat grill. Grill chicken, brushing with reserved marinade occasionally, until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side, depending on grill type and heat level.
- Serve with rice and vegetable of choice (I liked steamed broccoli or grilled zucchini) and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if using. Enjoy!
Prep time: about 5 minutes to mix and 30 minutes – 1 hour to marinate, depending on how patient you’re feeling.
You may also like this Quick Rosemary Lemon Grilled Chicken Recipe (Only 3 Ingredients!)
More Simple Chicken Recipe Ideas
- Coconut Almond Chicken Recipe
- Healthier Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- Chicken Barley Swiss Chard Soup Recipe
- Click here for more chicken recipes
As for life lately, I just spent a great weekend in Greenville visiting my family for my dad’s birthday and for a belated Father’s Day celebration. I took some photos to share later this week. And I still have a bunch of recipes to post, including a variation based on this one!
Happy cooking! Thanks for stopping by!7