You’ve already seen my recipe for a simple, 3-ingredient almond butter smoothie. This time, I’m bringing you an Amped Up Almond Butter Smoothie Recipe! I just made a couple simple additions to my basic recipe to make the smoothie extra healthy.
My simple almond butter smoothie has three ingredients:
- almond butter
I added a couple health-boosting ingredients to the basic recipe to turn it into an Amped Up Almond Butter Smoothie.
Dates add a little extra sweetness to the flavor of this smoothie, but they’re good for you, too! According to The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, a “single date has calcium and magnesium in an almost perfect 1:1 ratio (15 mg to 14 mg), 1 1/2 g of fiber, and more than 160 mg of heart-healthy potassium. There’s even a smidgen of vitamin A, plus trace amounts of a half dozen of other vitamins and minerals.”
An article about flaxseeds on whfoods.com says, “The seeds of most plants are rich in nutrients and can provide us with health benefits. Yet flaxseeds are also nutritionally unique and offer us health benefits not found across the board within the seeds food group. The nutritional uniqueness of flaxseeds features three nutrient aspects.” You can read about those three aspects (omega 3 fatty acid content, lignans, and mucilage (gum) content by clicking here.
According to Dr. Oz, “As we age, many of us may experience muscle and joint pain due to arthritis. Cinnamon contains anti-inflammatory compounds that can help relieve that pain. Furthermore, cinnamon’s antibiotic properties help prevent urinary tract infections, tooth decay and gum disease, and have been shown to kill the harmful bacteria, E.coli.”
Healthy and delicious!
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened rice milk)
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 date, pitted
- dash of cinnamon
- Place milk, banana, almond butter, flaxseed, and date in the blender.
- Cover and blend until ingredients are processed and smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Taste test and if desired, blend in sweetener of choice to taste.
- Pour into a glass and add a dash of cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Healthy Almond Butter Smoothie
- Green Monster Smoothies 101 (plus tips on making green monster smoothies and why they’re good for you)
- Cookies ‘N Cream (Energy Boosting) Smoothie
What are your favorite ingredients to amp up smoothies?