Absolute Organics sent this fabulous article along with next week's delivery list: Better together: Food combos amp the nutrition. The article talks about how certain foods, paired together, can increase nutritional benefits. How cool!?
Combos I currently eat:
- Peanuts + Wheat – I had peanut butter toast for breakfast!
- Fruit Salad – I could stand to eat more of these, though
- Tomatoes + Broccoli – I love pasta dishes with tomatoes + Broccoli (we're getting broccoli next week, too!)
Combos I want to try:
- Kale + Lemon – I love how lemon accents the flavor of almost everything!
- Oatmeal + OJ – I like both of these but rarely eat them together…gonna have to work on this one
- Red Meat + Rosemary – just sounds delish! I haven't had steak in quite some time either.
- Tomatoes + Avocado – We have avocado arriving next week, so maybe I'll make guac with toms?
Reader question: Which is your fave combo or combo you want to try most?