My parents are coming over tomorrow to go house-hunting with Dan and me! We have a couple that we like, but we’re not sure about them 100%. So…we’re bringing in the big guns. 🙂
Tonight, I’m picking up around the apartment and trying to make things look presentable for them. Time is short, so I leave you with some pictures from what is quickly becoming one of my favorite meals – Warm Shrimp + Quinoa Salad. Well, we didn’t use shrimp so I guess did a play on one of my new faves – Warm Chicken + Quinoa Salad. MMMMMmmmmm…..
I made some substitutions to the recipe I found at the Whole Foods web site (click for recipe):
- subbed grilled chicken (cooked in electric griller) for the shrimp
- subbed tomato paste for sun-dried tomatoes
- subbed chicken broth for the wine
- left out the lemon juice and zest
- subbed yellow onion for red
- left out green onions and parsley
- subbed toasted pine nuts for cashews
Wow, I made a lot of changes to the original recipe!
This is good stuff, though! If you’ve never tried quinoa, I highly suggest you give it a go! I love it and it’s very good for you!