Here’s another delicious, clean eating recipe inspired by our recent trip to the apple orchard – a Healthy Cinnamon Apple Muffins Recipe. I made these last Saturday morning, and they barely lasted the day. Hubby ate almost all of them. Not at once. One here, one there. The next thing I knew, they were gone. Guess I’ll have to make them again soon since they’re such a hit!
If you’re looking for an easy recipe that uses fresh apples, then this could be your ticket. These muffins mix up quickly and are pretty healthy, too. The smell of apples and cinnamon baking away will make your house so cozy, too. I came up with this recipe in time for fall, but I think they’d be great any time of year.
*Vegetarian, Vegan options listed*
- 1 cup spelt flour (or sub your favorite flour)
- 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour (or sub your favorite flour)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal / ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sucanat (or sub sugar for a sweeter taste)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs (or flaxseed eggs for a vegan recipe)
- 1 cup milk (or sub vegan milk substitute)
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large apple, cored and chopped small, about 1 1/2 cups (I like to leave the peels on, but if you peel them, you’ll get a smoother texture in each bite)
- non-stick spray or muffin liners
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 12 cup muffin tin with either muffin cups or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine spelt flour flour, all purpose flour, flaxseed, baking powder, and salt. Whisk till evenly combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sucanat and canola oil. One at a time, whisk in eggs. Add milk, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Whisk till evenly combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine, just till all dry ingredients are mixed in (careful to not over-mix – batter will be a little lumpy and pretty liquidy). Stir in apples.
- Evenly distribute batter into each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin (should fill muffins cups pretty full).
- Bake muffins for 18-22 minutes, until muffins are cooked through (a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin or loaf comes out clean).
- Let muffins cool till they’re safe to touch. Serve warm or wait longer and serve room temperature. Enjoy!
Yields 12 muffins.
Note: The leftovers from this Healthy Cinnamon Apple Muffins recipe freeze well. You can defrost them and then bake them in the oven at 300 degrees F for a fresh-baked taste.
And if you like the recipe, please help spread the word by hitting the Facebook-like button or pinning a photo.
Thanks for your support and for reading! 🙂
More Apple Recipes You May Like
- Individual Apple Cinnamon Crisp for Dessert or Breakfast
- Individual Apple Breakfast Cakes
- Healthier Apple Cider Baked Doughnuts
- Easy Apples Foster
Did you see my other orchard-inspired recipe – Individual Apple Cinnamon Crisp (for dessert or breakfast)?
I have another, super-easy dessert recipe on the way! And I put the finishing touches on the orchard video tonight. Can’t wait to share it! I’ll upload it to my YouTube account soon! Feel free to subscribe there to be the first to see it! I’m hoping to add some food & fashion related videos soon.
Reader question: What’s your favorite way to cook apples?