It’s been a long time since I attempted making a video. But, I’ve been inspired by the Plan with Me videos (see links at end of post) that I love to watch on YouTube to make my own. When I was taping it, I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to edit it into anything worth sharing. I actually recorded some footage of Zumba Convention back in 2013 that I never did anything with. I did the same with a trip my sister and I took to Asheville back in March, which I finally finished this weekend. Only three months late. No biggee. But, I also finished editing another video this weekend, and it’s titled Plan with Me: Hyperbole and a Half Theme.
This was my first time doing a custom theme, and it was inspired by a visit from my friend, Megan. I had planned to do something special with the events we had planned for her visit. But, when she casually mentioned, “I can’t wait to see how you decorate your planner for the week I visit,” I knew I needed to get more creative. At first, I thought about picking out some cute washi tape (tiny ice cream cones!) and other decorations that I thought she’d like. But, then I remembered this tutorial by Belinda Selene for DIY stickers and decided to take this week’s layout to the next level. It didn’t take me long to decide on the Hyperbole and a Half theme, because Megan and I are huge fans. Plus, the graphics are amazing, and I knew they’d look great in my planner.
Here’s the finished result. Check out the video for a walkthrough of my planner decorations.
Details on my Hyperbole and a Half Stickers*:
- I followed this tutorial by Belinda Selene for DIY planner stickers
- I made most of my stickers horizontal (instead of the vertical detailed on the tutorial) because the majority of the graphics I found were oriented that way
- Horizontal sticker size: column width must be 1.5″ wide, I set the row height to 1.25″, but Word seemed to change it to 1.3″ (it still seemed to fit okay)
- To fill the table: I found graphics on Pinterest, drug them into a folder I set-up for my stickers on my computer, and kept going till I had a good selection
- I filled the table in with the stickers I wanted to print, duplicating my favorites – and I added the large images after the table was filled in
- Hyperbole and a Half wide logo sticker size: I resized this to 6.4″ (height was on auto, go 6.5″ if you want it to extend to the edge of the page)
- Cake sticker size: I resized this to 4″ wide (height was on auto)
- Allie (on blue background) sticker size: I resized this to 2 1/2″ tall (width was on auto because there was so much extra blue background I knew I could cut it as needed)
- Tip #1: I had trouble with the top/table portion of the file printing – this was due to my document extension originally being .docx – it only printed when I saved as .doc (could be due to me having an old version of Word)
- Tip #2: I had some trouble with white space inside some of the cells – I found I couldn’t add additional rows later – I needed to follow the tutorial exactly in order
*Note: Erin Condren recently released a horizontal weekly layout. The dimensions in this post are for the original/vertical theme.
Etsy Shop Stickers – this is a talented group and their stickers are beautiful:
- It’s Planning Time – “brights kit” aka Colorful Edition EC Planner Sticker Set
- Nicole Hutch Designs – weekend banners and TV stickers
- The Planner Junkie – lunch bag stickers
- Scribble Prints Co shop link (shop is currently on break, so I can’t locate the direct link to their stickers – click here for their shop
- Karolina’s Krafts – keep calm and plan stickers
- Planning Made Easy – doctor appointment stickers
- Station Stickers – I can’t find the laundry stickers, but you could try messaging them to see if they are available – click here for a link to their shop
Erin Condren Discount:
If you’d like to save $10 on your Erin Condren, you can use my referral link by clicking here. I’ll earn a little credit, and you get a discount, so it’s win-win. This is not an affiliate link. The EC referral program is open to everyone.
What’s Next for TCL Videos?
I started a notebook with more video ideas. I have one ready for upload and another filmed. But, have you ever made a video before? My goodness, they take a lot of work! Props to all you YouTubers out there. Anywho, I’m hoping to upload a new video every week to every other week, on Sundays. So, hopefully you guys enjoy seeing The Chic Life content now in video form!
And for my more-food-oriented friends, I’ve been brainstorming ways to incorporate the food blog aspect of The Chic Life into some upcoming videos. So far, all my video ideas are more focused on planner-related topics, but I’m hoping to work some food into the mix, too.
Oh, and I guess there’s still a chance I’ll be able to put all that Zumba Convention footage together to make something shareable one day. We’ll see…
Want to see more Plan with Me videos? Here are some others I love:
- Belinda Selene Kate Spade Plan with Me Theme
- LinaMariax3ify Plan with Me (June 2015) (aka Karolina’s Krafts!)
- Elle Fowler Plan with Me (June 2015)
- JaaackJack Plan with Me (First Week of June)
Thanks for stopping by!