Do you like putting radishes in your salad? Have you ever wanted a new way to eat them? Did you know you could cook them? I learned about this technique from a farmer at the local farmers market. I give you my easy and clean eating Sautéed Radishes Recipe.
Raw radishes add a nice, zippy bite to fresh salads. But, sometimes, this can be a little too sharp. Sautéing them actually gives them a tender texture and reduces some of that bite. Not to mention this gives you another option for how to enjoy these delicious veggies.
I love getting radishes from the local farmers market because they’re always so pretty and eye catching.
This Sautéed Radishes Recipe is super easy to cook. You basically just sauté the radishes in just a little olive oil. I add a bit of butter at the end for flavor.
Sautéed Radishes RecipePrint
Tired of putting radishes in your salad but don’t know what else to do with them? Radishes are delicious sautéed in a little olive oil. I don’t add much to my recipe. I like raw radishes and like to let the natural flavor shine.
- 1 bunch radishes (remove from greens and clean)
- 1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- dash garlic powder
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon butter (or sub vegan butter)
- fresh parsley, chopped, optional
- Pre-heat sauté pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, trim ends of radishes and cut larger radishes into quarters, medium in half, and leave small radishes whole.
- Add olive oil to the pan. Add radishes and stir to coat. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste and sauté until crisp-tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until melted.
- Serve and top with fresh parsley, if using.
Radish bunches come in all shapes and sizes. I can eat one small bunch by myself, but feel free to multiply the recipe, as needed.
You can test the tenderness of the radish by poking it with a fork. If the fork does not go in easily, you may need to continue cooking it. But the texture is really up to you, since radishes can be eaten raw. If it’s not tender enough for you, just keep cooking, stirring frequently.
More Delicious Vegetable Recipes
- Simpe Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Kale Chips Recipe with Fool Proof Tips
- Mashed Potatoes (with a Hidden Cauliflower Serving)
Hope you enjoy this Sautéed Radishes Recipe. Thanks for stopping by!
Share this with your friends!