As promised yesterday, here’s my recipe for some Larabar-inspired, no-bake snack bites.
I bring you…
Chic Energy Bites – Currant Crave
- 1 cup dried black currants
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp chia seed (ok to omit if you don’t have any on hand)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Process mixture until ingredients are chopped into tiny bits and the mixture starts to stick together. (At first the mixture will appear very dry. As you keep going, the mixture will become more sticky, though it won’t come together like a ball of dough). Start/stop and use the pulse as you go. Check it often if you’re unsure about consistency. Also, before you start forming discs, you can make a mini ball to test the mixture holds together ok.
- Carefully remove blade from food processor.
- Pick up about 1tbsp worth of mixture, roll into a ball and flatten slightly to a disc shape.
NOTE: Makes about 20 bites. Store in an airtight container.
Yummy dried black currants.
All ingredients into the food processor.
All blended up and ready to form into discs.
I made a mini test-ball to make sure the consistency was ok.
Form into discs.
So simple, so good.
The combination of fruit and nuts make these great for a pre-workout or general energy boost snack.
- Eat them straight up (for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert)
- Use them as an oatmeal topping
- Chop them up over Power Toast
- Make a dried fruit and nut sammie by placing on a whole wheat dinner roll
Look for more great Chic Energy Bites coming soon! I have a bunch of good ideas in the works!