With the recent heat wave hitting up our area, I thought I’d share the recipe for that refreshing mocktail I made my family on the Fourth of July…my Watermelon Mint Cooler recipe!
This is so easy, you really don’t need a recipe. But, I wrote one up so you have the portions and all that fun stuff.
This is by far one of the simplest, yet impressive looking summer drinks you could entertain with.
All you need are two key ingredients:
- watermelon (seedless)
- fresh mint
I only used half a watermelon, since everyone in my family just wanted a small serving, but you could use a whole watermelon. Ours was about medium-sized.
Just cut out the watermelon, blend (optionally with ice for a cooler effect), and add mint.
I just put a sprig of mint in the glass for garnish, but when I went to drink this, I actually ripped the leaf up, so I got some in the drink. The combination of watermelon and mint is one not to be missed! You can even blend some of the mint into the drink if you want.
- 3-4 cups watermelon (seedless, removed from rind, cut into rough pieces, about 1½" squares), about half a medium watermelon
- 1 cup ice, optional, but gives a nice coolness, so I do recommend it
- fresh mint, optional for garnish
- watermelon wedge, optional for garnish
- Place watermelon pieces in a blender and blend until smooth. Turn blender off.
- If using, add ice to blender and blend until smooth. Turn off and serve.
- Garnish with fresh mint and/or rip/cut small pieces of mint leaves into the drink. Cut a slit in a small watermelon wedge and place it on the top edge of the cup for a fun look.
- Serve and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this Watermelon Mint Cooler recipe. Thanks for stopping by!
What do you think is the most refreshing on a hot summer day?0