There’s a little under a week left of Eat in Month, and I’m pretty excited about February getting here. But, I’m not letting EIM keep me from any fun.
I hadn’t seen my friend, Dana, in awhile, so when she IMed me the other day about getting dinner, I was initially really excited. Then, I remembered I was still in EIM. But my sweet friend offered to just have me over for dinner instead.
She made this delicious chicken-creole dish. It was comforting and had just the right amount of spice to it. I’ll have to ask her for the recipe.
Has anyone else been doing entertaining “in” for EIM?
With one week left in Eat in Month, or if you are trying to slow down on your take-out splurging, I thought I’d share some TCL recipes/non-recipes you could whip up to re-create take-out in the comfort of your home.
5 Take-Out-Like Meals to Make at Home
(Most are recipes, one is a non-recipe…which is more like a tip/idea post)
1. Easy Pizza Night – the most commonly ordered take-out in our house
2. Tangy Tamari Tempeh Noodles – a favorite for lunch or dinner
3. Easy No-Marinade Chicken Fajitas – simple and made without pre-packaged seasoning
4. Whole Health Noodle Soup – reminds me of the noodle bowls I used to order during lunch all the time
5. Chana Masala – this should keep me away from the Indian buffet a bit longer
I was hoping to re-create some common take-out dishes to share the recipes with you guys, but work has been swamping me. But, even if I can’t do it for EIM, I’d like to try to re-create some take-out meals anyways. So, hopefully, I’ll be able to post them one day soon. Any requests?
Hope you’re all having a great week!0