Quiche. It’s what for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. It’s like the gift that keeps on giving for busy people like us. Make it once and enjoy the leftovers for whichever type of meal you prefer later. Not to mention the combinations are endless. I recently whipped up a delicious quiche that I’m sharing here for a Brussels Sprouts and Cheddar Cheese Quiche recipe. The brussels sprouts added a nice, sweet taste to the overall flavor. Yum!
Though it’s one of few things I think re-heats okay in the microwave, I think the best way to re-heat quiche is in the oven. I like to cut a slice up and bake it until it’s heated through for that fresh-baked taste.
The next step is to figure out what you want to serve the quiche with. I like my quiche with toast and coffee for breakfast and with a salad for dinner. All the sides are simple, making this overall meal experience tasty and easy.
Brussels sprouts are easy to shred (check out my recipe for easy sautéed brussels sprouts), but if you’re extra short on time, try the pre-saved ones available at Trader Joe’s. You’ll get enough to eat as a side vegetable for a different meal and the leftovers will already be cool to save you even more time.
I recently found these frozen pie crusts at my local health food store. They come in a variety of flavors, including spelt and gluten-free. My favorite is the Organic Whole Wheat 9″ Pie Shell by Wholly Wholesome.
Hello, delicious Brussels Sprouts and Cheddar Cheese Quiche Recipe!
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 cup shaved brussels sprouts
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 frozen pie crust (see photos for the clean eats version I found at my local health food store)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. When it's ready, add the butter, oil, and brussels sprouts and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes, until the brussels sprouts have softened nicely. Set aside to cool. Wait until the brussels sprouts have cooled before proceeding so they don't cook the eggs when you add them in the next steps.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs and milk and whisk till evenly combined.
- Stir in brussels sprouts, cheddar cheese, garlic salt, and black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into frozen pie crust and bake for 45-55 minutes, until the center is set.
NOTE: Keep a frozen crust in the freezer for convenience.
Cooking tip: If when you check the quiche to see if it's done the center is sunken, then you need to cook longer. The center should be puffed up a bit.
Click here for more Breakfast recipes
What’s your favorite quiche ingredient combo?