I have good news! It’s been awhile since I’ve shared any recipes here. In part, work has been crazy and must take a higher priority. Also, my oven is still (yes, still!) broken. But, I want to get more into creating new recipes. I’ve started jotting new fall recipe ideas down in my recipe journal, and I have THREE recipes ready to share with you. First up – this Coconut Almond Chicken Recipe. I’m not following the paleo nor gluten-free diet, but I did want to call out that this recipe would be great for either for my friends who do. As usual, it is a clean eating recipe. Woop!
Without further adieu, here’s my latest and greatest Coconut Almond Chicken recipe (scroll to the end).
Coconut Almond Chicken Recipe Inspiration
I was inspired to make this when I was shopping at Trader Joe’s recently. I went by the section where they have the bags of nuts, and I saw almond meal and coconut flakes right near each other. They both sparked ideas for multiple recipes, so I thought I’d pick up a bag of each to do some testing. The results for both were great!
Since my oven is still broken, I decided to sauté the chicken, but you could also bake it, and you could skip the oil that way. I’d probably prepare it in a similar way to my Crispy Oven-Friend Almond Chicken Recipe.
The almond meal or coconut could probably be used individually as a breading, but I liked the two of them mixed together. The coconut gave the breading a more unique texture while the almond meal helped it stay nice and crunchy and also filled in the gaps where the coconut flakes may have left some space.
I also ended up squeezing a little lemon juice on the chicken for a little extra zesty flavor. But, the lemon wedges also look nice on the side of the plate in case you want to make the serving a little more visually appealing.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 chicken breasts, pounded to about ½" evenly flat
- 1 lemon cut into wedges, optional
- About 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, optional
- Pre-heat a large, non-stick pan over medium heat. Add oil.
- In one large, flat bowl, stir together almond meal, coconut flakes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- In another large, flat bowl, lightly whisk one egg.
- Dip both sides of the chicken into the egg. Then, dip both sides of the chicken into the breading mixture to evenly coat both sides.
- Sauté chicken on both sides until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Did you know tomorrow is the first day of Autumn? I’ll have a new fall-themed recipe up for you tomorrow. It’s for an easy and healthy dessert. Get your dehydrators (or ovens) ready and check back tomorrow! Hint: the recipe uses both the almond meal and coconut flakes leftover from this one, so you can make both in the same day or week. I love being efficient.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- 3 Ingredient Quick Rosemary Lemon Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Crispy Oven-Fried Almond Chicken Recipe
- Ginger Soy Grilled Chicken Recipe (Only 3 Ingredients)
More Clean Eating Recipes
Other Updates Here at The Chic Life
Also, I’m brainstorming post and video ideas for a Parisian Wardrobe update. Let me know if you have any specific requests.
And finally, I may not always have as much time to blog as I’d like, but I have been staying pretty up-to-date on Instagram, Snapchat, and Periscope. Be sure to follow me on those channels because I post different things on each. I shared a quick video of Bailey playing on the beach on Periscope that was really fun! My user name is @thechiclife on pretty much everything but Snapchat and YouTube where it’s thechiclifeblog.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoy this Coconut Almond Chicken Recipe!