I’ve been so excited to share this Healthy Chai Tea Latte Recipe because it’s so easy and delicious. It’s like bringing your local coffee shop to your home. You may find yourself asking, “Should I go to the coffee shop or save myself the trip and just make this 5 minute latte?” At least, I’ve found myself asking this question.
Please note: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no extra charge for you. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that it uses a tea bag. The tea bag feels much more clean eats than the concentrate. I’ve only looked at the ingredients on a couple of those things, but they usually have a couple extra ingredients.
Not to mention this Tazo Chai Tea I’m using is organic. Woop!
Tazo Chai Tea Ingredients
- Organic black teas
- Organic ginger
- Organic cinnamon
- Organic black pepper
- Organic cardamom
- Organic cloves
- Organic star anise
Just spices and teas. Nice!
Buy This Tea: Get this tea shipped via Target here.
Healthy Chai Tea Latte Recipe Ingredients
While the tea has many ingredients, the latte has few:
- Organic chai tea bag
- Milk of choice
- Sweetener of choice (I used honey, but agave or raw sugar would be great too – and vegan!)
My biggest problem with the concentrates is how sweet they are! Sometimes you just want a chai tea that is spicy and cozy without being excessively sugary. You know what I mean?
How to Create Frothed Milk the Easy Way
Check out this froth! Not sure if you can tell from the photo, but it is truly voluminous. And this is almond milk!
So far, I’ve had good results frothing almond milk and dairy milk. As you saw in my other chai tea recipe, the coconut milk doesn’t get nearly this poofy.
In recent years, a flurry of at-home milk frothing gadgets have become super popular, luckily for you and me. Basically, you pour your milk into this little machine, top it with a lid, and push a button. Just a couple short minutes later…boom! Frothed milk. Sweet!
The milk frother I used to get this amazing foam is no longer available online. Luckily, there are lots of good options out there. I’ve researched online and found some options you may enjoy that also have high reviews:
- HadinEEon Milk Frother on Amazon (4.7 out of 13k+ reviews at the time of research)
- Capresso Froth PRO Automatic Milk Frother on Target (4.7 out of 27 reviews at the time of research
Skip a trip to the coffee shop and make this healthy chai tea latte recipe from the comfort of your home. You only need a frother and a couple key ingredients to whip this delicious latte up.
- 1 Chai tea bag
- 1 cup boiling water (or temp directed by tea you’re using)
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1-2 teaspoons honey (or sub raw sugar or agave for a vegan option)
- cinnamon, optional to sprinkle on top
- Using a large mug, place the tea bag in the mug and top with the water.
- While the tea steeps, add the milk to the frother and froth according to device directions. Pour milk into the mug.
- Let tea steep 5 minutes (or use time according to your tea). Remove the tea bag and stir in your sweetener. Top with cinnamon.
I used a 15 ounce mug. Be sure to use a big one because a normal sized mug won’t handle all this fluffy, frothed milk.
More Healthy Drink Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy this Healthy Chai Tea Latte Recipe!
By the way, I made these pinnable graphics for you…