I whipped this new cake mini recipe up the way I usually come up with most of my cake mini recipes. I wanted dessert, and I wanted it fast. Aaand I want to try a new flavor. The Chocolate “Depression” Cake Minis are often my quick-fix dessert of choice, but sometimes you just want to try something new. For whatever reason, fall has me thinking about using spices and nuts, so I threw them into a basic cake batter to see how it would turn out. To be honest, I didn’t think I’d share this recipe because it seemed so simple, but hubby and I really enjoyed them. I thought maybe some of you guys would, too.Print
Spiced Pecan Cake Minis Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
A quick spiced dessert with pecans, cinnamon, and nutmeg, perfect for a cool fall day. The pecans add great texture, and the scent of these cake minis baking away make your house smell like autumn. *Vegetarian, Vegan options*
- 3 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoons flaxseed meal / ground flaxseeds
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- pinch salt
- small handful pecans, chopped (about 2-3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (or sub a similar oil), plus more to prep baking dishes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk (or vegan milk substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar, optional
- non-stick spray
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush two ramekins (3 inch diameter) with oil. Note: I pour a bit (maybe 1/2 teaspoon) into the bottom of each dish and brush around, adding more if needed.
- Mix flaxseed meal and water together and set aside to bind while you continue with the rest of the recipe.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until ingredients are well-combined. Stir in pecans.
- In a medium bowl, mix oil and sugar. Stir in flaxseed/water mixture, then milk and vanilla until well-combined.
- Stir wet mixture into dry mixture until just combined (careful that no flour bits remain, but that you also do not over-mix).
- Evenly distribute batter into the two ramekins. Bake until top is golden brown and cake is cooked through (or a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean), about 16-20 minutes.
- Cool cakes to room temperature. Run a knife around the edge of the cake in the ramekin to loosen the cake (circling a couple times until you see the cake loosening from the bottom). Place the cake minis on serving plate.
- If using, dust the tops of the cakes with powdered sugar and serve. Enjoy!
Oh, and if you’re wondering about the dip in the middle, I thought it would look cool if there was a whole pecan sitting the top of the cake. Unfortunately, the cake batter swallowed it. So, it looks a little weird, but it still tastes good.
More Delicious Fall Recipes You’ll Love
Healthier Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Healthier Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts Recipe
Autumn Granola Recipe (Oil-Free!)
Thanks for reading!
Reader question: What ingredients do you think about when it comes to fall?
Here’s a shareable graphic you can use to spread the love of this delicious fall clean eating recipe