Finally! I have a quick minute to type up my uber-yummy Southwest Quinoa Veggie Burgers Recipe (Vegan) (the ones I made for that cookout awhile back) recipe for you!
Ready for a veggie burger that won’t crumble apart on you? Ready for a veggie burger full of flavor? I’ve got the perfect recipe…Southwest Quinoa Veggie Burgers Recipe (Vegan).
This recipe uses cooked quinoa. So, you can either use leftover quinoa or cook some for this recipe. It’s fast and easy.
This recipe also uses lots of yummy fresh veg!
And this recipe also uses a micro-baked potato, which is easy to make…
Micro-Baked Potato Directions:
- wash potato
- pierce skin in several places
- loosely wrap with paper towel
- microwave 5-7 minutes, till a fork easily pierces through and center is tender
After your prep (quinoa, veg, potato), you’re pretty much just a whirl away in the food processor.
I like this Southwest Quinoa Veggie Burgers Recipe (Vegan) because you can easily prep it ahead. If you’re entertaining, you can make the burger mixture in the morning or the day before. Day-of, you just have to form patties and bake away.
Baking is only the main cooking method. If you’re grilling out, follow the baking directions for cooking and re-heat the veggie quinoa burgers on the grill.
Get some fresh vegetables prepped for toppings. I used organic romaine and heirloom tomatoes from my garden.
Serve on buns or not – your choice.
And see! No crumbles!
Reasons you should try this Southwest Quinoa Veggie Burgers Recipe (Vegan):
- full flavor
- no-crumbling factor
- gluten-free if you use GF bread crumbs
- a prep-ahead recipe so you can enjoy your guests if you’re entertaining
- re-heats nicely and makes great leftovers
*Vegan* *Gluten-Free if you use GF bread crumbs*
makes 10-12 medium sized patties
- 1 dry cup red quinoa, rinsed & cooked
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 15 ounce black beans, rinsed
- 1 medium potato, cooked & removed from skin - you can micro-bake it (see above for directions)
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- dash cayenne (add more or less depending on how spicy you want your burgers)
- Combine black beans, potato, onion, bell pepper, garlic, salt, cumin, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne in a food processor. Pulse till vegetables are chopped finely and contents are mixed.
- Add bread crumbs and pulse till mixed well.
- Add quinoa and pulse till mixed well.
- Move mixture to a bowl and let rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour (this will help the mixture to set and make it easier to form into patties. You can prep your recipe up to this point ahead of time if you're entertaining and move on to the next step when you're ready to cook)
- When ready to cook, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form the veggie burger mixture into patties (or balls) and place on the prepped baking sheet.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, till burgers are lightly browned on top (note: if you're entertaining, you can also cook the burgers ahead of time and re-heat them on the grill)
- Serve with toppings and enjoy!
Enjoy these delicious quinoa veggie burgers!
You may also like these other quinoa recipes:
- Warm Lemon Quinoa Salad with Chickpeas – a TCL Recipe
- Spring Quinoa Salad with Honey Lemon Vinaigrette by Pinch of Yum
- Hot Blueberry Honey Breakfast Quinoa – a TCL Recipe
- Healthier Quinoa Banana Pancakes by She Knows
Be sure to share this recipe on Pinterest, twitter, or Facebook if you liked this post! Thanks for reading!