Hi friends! Well, I’ve been on the planning kick lately, haven’t I? Can you tell I got new supplies recently? This is the power of planner decorations for me. It’s simple. I like arts and crafts. Planner decorations is like arts and crafts with organization as a bonus. Because I enjoy the process, it tricks me into liking organization. See?!
Okay, I know we’re all different and for some people, the idea of decorating your planner can actually add to your stress levels. So, of course I could see why some of you skip out on this. But if you’re like me. The nerdy kid who got super excited about back-to-school because omg the supplies! Then I feel like we’d have fun planning together. Haha. Let’s do a meetup!
Anywho, I’m just popping in with a super simple mostly washi tape planner layout for the last week of August, 2018.
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of those links, I may make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Please reach out if you have any questions.
Erin Condren Planner Decorations: Week of August 27, 2018
This is for the week of August 27, 2018 in my Erin Condren LifePlanner in the vertical layout.
While my first horizontal layout was asymmetrical all the way, I did of both with my washi tape here.
In this layout, I used this new marble washi tape I picked up at Paper Source. This washi tape is interesting because it doesn’t feel as sticky as most that I use. But it seems to be staying put just fine. I’ll update you if I notice any differences.
What I decorated in the weekly layout:
- I put borders along the top and bottom with an extra layer on the right bottom side.
- There’s a strip of metallic washi to highlight the top of the weekend section.
- Using the same metallic washi, I created sections in the left column with a simple divider.
- To call out an event, I added a polka dot piece of washi tape that was not part of the set but went with the colorway.
- For another event, I used a single rectangle sticker by Planner Chick Design in a beige / light brown color.
- And there’s another cloud fade event rectangle that I got on sale also by PCD.
- There’s a thin piece of washi separating the week days from the weekend vertically.
- And for fun, I added a metallic swirl washi asymmetrically on the horizontal lines.
Did you guys notice my fabulous new unicorn pen? I recently discovered this brand, and I’m sort of obsessed. Lolz!
This is the Seven Year Pen. Have you heard of it? Apparently the whole thing lasts 7 years. Springs, ink, everything!
To be honest, I bought this because it’s super cute. But I also love the idea of this being so quality that it lasts 7 years. I found it online here for you at Amazon. However this price is higher than it cost me when I bought it at a local boutique. The local boutique price was $8.95. There are a few online boutiques where you can get it, but I couldn’t get a shipping cost estimate. Sometimes, I find it’s worth it to pay more to get it at Amazon and get it faster than to get it at an online boutique and pay shipping costs that often takes it to the same price and takes longer to ship. Many gift shops are selling these now, so you can try finding it in person as well.
More on this pen another time. I’m still testing it out, so it’s too soon for a review. But I posted a photo of this on an Instagram story and got immediate questions about it. So here you go!
More Planner Fun
Thanks so much for reading! Did you see I’m now using a ban.do planner too?!