Hi friends! Remember that Happy Planner haul from awhile back? Well, I finally jumped in and did my first weekly and monthly Happy Planner 2019: January Decorations. I thought about filming a Plan with Me, but since I work a 9-to-5, until the daylight savings change happens, I’m left with only Saturdays and Sundays to film. And that’s if the weather’s good! Haha.
- Side Note: I’m still using Erin Condren as my main planner, so stay tuned for more blog posts and videos about my EC LifePlanner.
I will be doing Happy Planner Plan with Me videos in the future, but I also am actively using my planner, so I had to jump into it already so I could get started using it to…you know…plan. Lol!
- Mini-tip: One thing I’ve found that helps me keep using my planner on a regular basis is to not let excuses stop me from actually using my planner. And I was feeling myself letting the excuse of not filming prevent me from actually using the darn thing! So, no video this time, but I do have photos!
Please note: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of these links, I may make a small commission at no extra charge to you. Affiliate links support my blog and content creation and allow me to help creating content like this blog post! Woop! Please do reach out if you have any questions.
Happy Planner 2019: January Decorations (Monthly)
I opted for a mostly washi tape look in my first Happy Planner monthly layout. This is actually my favorite combo and why I don’t love the washi tape only. Without spending a small fortune on stickers, I think I can get a good look by adding a couple stickers here and there.
My Happy Planner will be my blog/YouTube/content creation planner.
Overall Monthly Planner Decorations
- For the overall layout, I used a floral sticker set I got at Paper Source and some stickers from some Happy Planner sticker books. Shopping links are at the end of this post.
- The heart stickers tracked when I published new content. And the ink color matched the related heart sticker.
- Non-patterned washi made a nice base for “Day Off” call outs.
- This is a mid-use photo, so I filled it in more after this photo was taken.
Let’s take a closer look…
Left Hand Side of the Happy Planner
- Used the left column for to-do items that I wanted to complete sometime in January (but weren’t date or week specific).
- Lower left column: a key for what the heart sticker colors meant (red for blog and pink for YouTube).
- Quote sticker for inspiration – love adding these to stay uplifted.
Right Hand Side of the Happy Planner
- No extra features here other than what I’ve already explained.
- I did like adding the extra metallic washi tape around the year to add more style.
And that’s it for the month! I’ve been filling it in a bit more, but I like having the extra space. I’m curious to see what else I start tracking as my use of the planner continues.
Happy Planner 2019: January Decorations (Weekly)
Week of January 21 – 27, 2019 Planner Decorations
Overall Weekly Planner Decorations
- Went with another mostly washi tape with some stickers look.
- Placed the washi tape in an asymmetrical style and left plenty of room for writing.
- Been feeling the winter weather blues, so I opted for this colorful tropical washi tape set (shopping link below).
- This is before the pen, so I’m planning to track my content creation at a lower level here – more of the to-dos to get blog posts written and new videos created.
Left Side of the Weekly Layout
- The To-Do list area in the left column will be for weekly to-dos.
- Since I’m not expecting to fill each day’s column in, I went ahead and added a quote sticker for inspiration. This is from one of the Happy Planner sticker books.
- Add the High Tides and Good Vibes washi tape strip because I’m craving some beach QT and good vibes are always a good idea.
Right Side of the Weekly Layout
- Added a weekend sticker over some of the washi tape in the top right corner.
- The washi tape was actually peeling up a bit, so I used the heart sticker to keep it down and help hide the cuts a bit more.
Shop This Post
- Happy Planner (you can also get these at Michael’s and usually get them on sale there!)
- Bando pink and red pens – can’t find these online, but I got them at Paper Source (you may be able to find them in person)
- Maggie Holmes Floral Washi Tape Set via Paper Source
- Paradise Washi Tape by Heidi Swapp via Paper Source
More Planner Posts You’ll Love
Click here for my Happy Planner 2019 Haul
Your First Planner Spread Decorations | Plan with Me
Erin Condren Summer Sticker Kit Layout 2018
Click here for photos of my planner decorations since 2015
Thanks for reading this post about my weekly and monthly Happy Planner 2019: January Decorations! I’m still working out exactly how I want to use this planner, but that’s all part of the fun!