I know you guys are probably tired of seeing these, but I can’t help myself! I have half a loaf of bread I need to finish asap (and I don’t want to freeze it), and I’m having a blast trying different flavor combinations out for you guys!
Yes…I made more TCL Breakfast Cups aka Individual Breakfast Casseroles. Things in small versions are just more fun to eat, no?
Today I went meat free with…
Fresh out of the oven.
Golden and dee-licious!
Perfect with a nice, safe apple.
Broccoli-Cheddar Breakfast Cups (for 2)
*Recipe makes 4 breakfast cups for 2 people, but can easily be tripled (or multiplied further) to feed a crowd*
- 2 slices bread, cut into cubes/chunks (I used hearty whole grain bread)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped (fresh or frozen should work)
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (chopped small or shredded)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- dash garlic powder, pepper, turmeric (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin tin with non-stick spray (4 cups for the original recipe).
- Whisk egg, milk, and spices in a medium bowl.
- Add bread pieces, stir till bread is equally covered.
- Gently mix in broccoli and cheese and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Distribute equally into 4 muffin cups, pressing mixture gently into the cups.
- Bake for 24-28 minutes, until tops are golden brown and egg is cooked through.
- Let rest 5 minutes, or until safe to touch, before serving (careful, they’re hot!).
And for lunch, I had another leftover hodge-podge.
I decided to use up some of the failed-tofu (trying to make lemonade out of lemons, ya know?) and some spinach.
I re-heated some of that 3-bean veggie soup I froze into individual servings earlier this week and then added in the tofu and spinach one the soup was hot to heat the tofu through and wilt the spinach.
I must say, I was really pleased with my work.
I even re-heated the sweet potatoes and they were pretty good the second time around.
This lunch was MUCH better than yesterdays…hooray!
Do you morph soup? I like to throw in leftover ingredients, especially cooked veggies and grains. What are your favorite ways to morph your soup?
11 thoughts on “Morphing Soup + Broccoli Cheddar Individual Breakfast Casseroles”
We like making kitchen sink chili:) Whatever is in our fridge for veggies, and then make sure beans, and spices are added:) Very fun and delicious!
That sounds like a great use of leftovers/on-hand-ingredients! 🙂
Love all kinds of soup with random whatevers thrown in! Your breakfast cups have been looking amazinggg
Thank you Corey! Let me know if you try the breakfast cups. 🙂
i can’t say that i morph soup, partially because i’m not a big soup person but also partially because i freeze most of our leftovers for my husband to take to work for lunch! 🙂
maybe you just haven’t had the right soup yet? 😉
I love adding leftover veggies to my soup!
Oh wow! The broccoli and cheddar breakfast cup looks delicious!
I can’t wait to make the broccoli-cheddar breakfast cups! They look and sound soo good! But just a few quick questions about them… do I use raw broccoli? Also, do I keep the bread whole when I mix it in with everything? Thanks! (:
Hey Kaitlyn, Good questions! I just realized I really need to update my recipe to be more clear. Sorry about that! I cut the bread into cubes. I think I cut it down the middle and then cut each half in half and then went the other direction cutting the same lines (at a 90 degree angle if that makes sense). But any size cube/chunk should be good. I believe I used frozen, but I think fresh would be great, too! HTH and happy cooking! 🙂 Diana
It’s okay! 🙂 That all really helps and makes sense! I’ll be trying them soon (: Thanks a lot!