Hi friends! Here’s the second of three Healthy Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas I’m sharing this year. And this one is so easy, it’s barely a recipe. But I put it in recipe format anyways in case you want a printable version and/or a list of ingredients. This is my Turkey Grain Nourish Bowl Recipe, and it’s a winner.
*VIDEO* 3 Healthy Thanksgiving / Holiday Leftover Recipe Ideas
Turkey Grain Nourish Bowl Recipe
In preparing this recipe for you, I made this after one of my weekday workouts. It was perfect for a post-workout meal. And also great for eating as a later dinner. Everything in the bowl is so clean, my body was really happy. I felt really light after eating this, and even my sleep seemed better.
And look at all the nutrition I was able to pack into one bowl. There was so much goodness in one place. Yes!
Since I was feeling particularly lazy, I opted for the extra virgin olive oil + balsamic vinegar combo. But you could easily sub a different sauce if you wanted to get a little more fancy. My idea of fancy was a sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt.
This turkey grain bowl is so easy, it’s hardly a recipe! Feel free to sub out the vegetables in this recipe with your favorites. You can also use any leftover cooked veggies you fancy.
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup baby greens
- 3-4 ounces of cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 avocado, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt (or sub kosher salt)
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium-sized bowl, add quinoa in one section of the bowl.
- Continuing in sections, layer in baby greens, turkey, tomatoes, and avocado.
- Drizzle the bowl with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle the top with salt and pepper. Sprinkle parsley on top.
- Dig in!
I’ve included amounts in this recipe, but feel free to eyeball things to keep them even more low stress. And take the amounts up or down to suit your taste.
Tip: If you don’t have cooked quinoa, try using frozen quinoa. This is a staple in my freezer (I get mine at Whole Foods), and it’s ready in just a couple quick minutes!
More Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes
From the video:
More great ideas:
- Turkey, Veggie Tray, Barley Soup (a simple soup that also helps cook up any veggie tray leftovers you may have from entertaining)
- Turkey Egg Breakfast Casserole (made with kale and smoked gouda)
- Curried Turkey Shepherd’s Pie (give your turkey a flavor makeover with this simple recipe that also uses leftover mashed potatoes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup (try subbing turkey for the chicken!)
- Vegetarian (Or Vegan) Tempeh Shepherd’s Pie (great for those leftover mashed potatoes)
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cheesecake (adds tartness to a classic cheesecake)
Hope you enjoy this Turkey Grain Nourish Bowl Recipe as a Healthy Thanksgiving Leftovers Idea. Also, be sure to check out the other recipes in the video at the start of this post. Cheers!