So you want to make a vision board, but you don’t have poster board. Or magazines. Or a printer. Or paper at all. If you don’t have paper supplies, but you want to make a vision board, I have good news! You can quickly and easily make a digital vision board from the comfort of your home. There are so many awesome ways to make a vision board online. In this post, I’m sharing How To Make A Digital Vision Board: Desktop Wallpaper with Canva. This is a great manifestation technique!
*VIDEO* How to Make a Desktop Wallpaper Digital Vision Board Using Canva
Click here to watch this Digital Vision Board How-To if the above player doesn’t work.
What Is a Vision Board?
A vision board (aka dream board) is a collection of images that represent an ideal future version of your life that you want to manifest and bring to reality. It is one of the most powerful tools for using the Law of Attraction.
Vision boards are unique to each person who makes them. But vision board images are often visual representations of your goals. They can help you get a clear vision of your dream life.
How To Make A Digital Vision Board Online with Canva (Desktop Wallpaper)
Vision boards are a great way to try a manifestation technique when you’re a manifestation beginner. Of all the techniques, this is one of the simplest and most FUN! And making a vision board digitally is great when you don’t have paper products around to make a physical vision board.
Digital Vision Board vs Physical Vision Board
The difference between a digital vision board and a physical vision board is that the digital version is made online or on your computer or other digital device. A physical vision board is made with materials you can touch and feel, like paper, stickers, posterboard, etc.
While a traditional vision board is made with paper materials, digital vision boards are super fun too! Personally, I like to make both traditional vision boards with paper AND digital vision boards.
Where to Make a Digital Vision Board Online
You can easily make a beautiful vision board on Canva for FREE! I’ve tried testing other tools, like Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Slides, and others. The Canva app is WAY easier and even comes with graphics and photos built in!
Pinterest vision boards are very different, but are another fun option.
There are also a ton of vision board apps, but I haven’t personally tested any of those. Canva gave me everything I wanted and more so I consider it the best app for making vision boards online. But if I do test out a vision board app, I’ll let you know!
Check out the above video for a walk-through of this tutorial for How To Make A Digital Vision Board with Canva.
A quick note: You can use different software for your base. I like Canva because it’s free and it has already created template sizes so you don’t have to figure that part out. The free version is so powerful and will give you pretty much everything you need to make your own vision board online.
Before you start making your vision board online, it’s important to take at least a couple quick minutes to focus on what’s most important to you right now. Think about the different areas of your life and how you want them to ideally be.
- Create a quick list of the focus areas you want to include on your Digital Vision Board.
- Popular areas include: love/relationships, fitness, health/wellness, yummy/healthy foods, family life, travel, new home, money, success, school, and more.
- Think about areas that are important to you or that you’ve been thinking about a lot.
A little prep work is an easy way as well as powerful way to make an effective vision board that is as successful and magnetic as possible.
Create Your Digital Vision Board On Canva in 6 Easy Steps
You can create a gorgeous and fun digital vision board on Canva in just six basic steps. Here’s how to make a vision board online.
1. Prep Your Base
The first thing you need to do to make a vision board online is create a foundation to hold your vision board together. Thanks to Canva’s template system, you can get an already-sized base that fits most desktop wallpapers. So the first step is to create a blank canvas to hold your digital vision board.
Start with a Blank Canvas
Here’s how to set up your blank canvas:
- Open Canva
- Create a free Canva account, if needed
- Sign into your Canva account
- Search for “Desktop Wallpaper”*
- Click on the Blank template (this will give you a simple, white background)
- Optional: edit the base/background color by clicking on the template, clicking on the small white box near the top left of the screen, and selecting a new color
*Note: You can make any type of digital vision boards – posters, phone wallpapers, or any custom dimensions, etc. Also, desktops come in many shapes/sizes so double-check the dimensions work before you get started. Or if you’re like me, trust the template and hope for the best when you go to set your wallpaper. Lol.
Start with a Grid Layout
Whilst some people argue that not using a template is the best way to make a vision board, others prefer having a bit more structure.
To add a grid layout to your digital vision board:
- Click on Elements in the left navigation
- Search for “grids”
- Select a grid layout you like and click on it to add it to your blank canvas
- Use the handles on the sides of the grid to resize it to fit your canvas
Don’t want to make your own template? Scroll down for details on how you can get one of my Canva templates.
2. Add a Title
This is optional, but the next step is to add a title.
Personally, I avoid things like “My Vision Board” or “My Dream Life” because those imply the vision board is the life you don’t have yet. And we learned in my post/video about How to Manifest Anything that you want to get into the energy of *already having* your dream life. I also avoid adding dates because I like to trust divine timing and I don’t want my manifestations constrained.
- Click on “Text” in the left navigation panel.
- Click on “Add a heading” and a text box will appear on your template.
- Edit the text as you’d like (I like to add something like “My Life” but put your personal touch on it as you like)
- Edit the text formatting, if you want – change the font, font color, etc. using the options along the top of the template
- Re-size, etc.
3. Add Photos
Next, it’s time to bring imagery to your digital vision board by adding photos. This is the best part to me!
Now is the time to bring your long-term goals, personal goals, desires, wishes, best self ideas, and overall dream life together in one beautiful collage of images. It can be helpful to think of creating almost a mood board of your dream life.
You have lots of options when it comes to photos / digital images. You can either collect images in a folder beforehand or look for images while you’re working in Canva.
- Canva photos: Click on “Photos” in the left navigation panel, search for the photo type you want (“house”, “fitness”, etc.), click “Free” in the search box to only view free-to-use photos, select the photo you like to “add photo” in a single click – it will appear on the template.
- Google images: Search for images on Google, click on the image to view a larger size, right-click the photo, select copy, go back to your Canva template and use keyboard shortcuts to paste the image (command+V on mac).
- Pinterest images: Search for images on Pinterest, click on the image to view a larger size, right-click the photo, select copy, go back to your Canva template and use keyboard shortcuts to paste the image (command+V on mac).
- Your own images (in your folder / on your computer): Drag and drop your own photos from your computer onto your template or copy-paste the images into your template.
Edit the images as you’d like:
- Re-size the images by clicking on the corners, holding down, and dragging your cursor to make the image bigger or smaller.
- Move the images around.
- Right click the image and select to bring the image forward/backward to make them overlap like you want.
4. Add Non-Photo Graphics (aka “Elements”) *optional*
You can also add non-photos (think graphics / emojis / etc.)
- Click on Elements in the left navigation pane.
- Search for the element you want (“heart”, “plant”, etc.)
- Click on it to add it to the template and edit it (re-size, etc.) as you like.
- Optional: You can even edit the color of some elements – select the element and if there’s a small box near the top left that matches the color of the element, you can click that to select a new color.
5. Add Text/Quotes/Other Words *optional*
- Click on Text in the left navigation pane.
- Click on “Add a heading” and the text will appear on your template.
- Edit the text and formatting as you’d like (see #2 for details).
- Optional: If the text doesn’t pop enough, use the steps from #4 to add a rectangle behind the text, edit the color, etc. to help the text stand out a bit more.
6. Download Your Digital Vision Board
The final step is to download your beautiful, new vision board.
- Click “Download” in the top right corner of the screen.
- Use this image to set your wallpaper (use directions for your type of computer/device).
Digital Vision Board Templates for Canva
If you want to save time and/or use a layout that has already been designed for you, you can opt to use a Canva digital vision board template.
These are templates that have photo / image placeholders so you can drag and drop your imagery into place easy-peasy!
There are TONS of gorgeous digital vision board templates out there.
You can get the above “Basic” digital vision board template in my Vision Board Prep for Success Bundle, which also includes a powerful training to help you align your desires and energy to plan for a vision board that manifests successfully.
Summary: How to Make a Vision Board Online Using Canva
Vision boards are great for manifestation. They make a beautiful visual representation of your dreams. You can make a digital vision board for free in just a few minutes (depending on how long you want to browse photos and tweak your layout). They’re super easy and fun!
Hope you learned a lot about how to make a vision board online with Canva. You can use this tutorial to make a vision board in any style you’d like. Desktop and mobile wallpapers are my favorite. But feel free to make something you can print, like a letter-sized vision board or any custom size of your choice.
There are many different ways to make your own digital vision board online. I hope this post serves as a strong foundation that you can customize with your own creative ideas for your own, unique vision board design.
More Manifestation Tips
Get more Manifestation Techniques and Methods here
Thank you for How To Make A Digital Vision Board: Desktop Wallpaper with Canva | Law of Attraction.
What kind of Digital Vision Board are you making? Desktop wallpaper? Phone Background? Digital Poster? Comment below!
📌 Pin these graphics to your “Manifestation”, “Law of Attraction”, or “Manifestation Techniques” boards!