Did you see all the fun posts I wrote while I was on vacation at the lake?
Here’s a list of posts in case you missed any – there are some gorgey photos there (thanks to the beauty of nature):
- Sounds of Relaxation from the Lake – First day at the lake house
- My Own Oatmeal Pot – Because oatmeal isn’t just for at-home breakfasts
- Cozy Lil Porch – Where I blogged from
- Veggie Family Dinner – the vegetarian dinner we whipped up for the fam
- Cherry Banana Short Stack – Pancake breakfast at the lake house
- Portable Blogging – How I uploaded my posts
- Scenes From the Lake House – wordless post, lots of photos
- Bailey’s First Canoe Trip – Did he love it or hate it??
- P-P-P-Poker Face – Poker Night at the lake house
- Butterflies at the Lake – Last lake eats + pretty butterflies
- Fresh Pasta Al Fresco – Italian dinner out to end our vacay
From old bread to gourmet breakfast!
Despite us taking our leftover bread to the lake, we STILL had some left when we got back! By this time, the bread was far from fresh but still good to eat.
What do you do with old, dry bread?
Well, there are a lot of things you can do but one of my favorites is to make FRENCH TOAST!
Ok, so maybe it’s not “gourmet” in the classic sense but it’s gourmet to me!
Especially topped with blueberries and sliced almonds, with a drizzle of real maple syrup.
I also recommend these uses for old bread:
- Toasting it
- Making a breakfast casserole
- Making a bread pudding dessert
- Making bread crumbs
- Making a panini
- Feeding it to the birds
What’s your favorite thing to do with old bread?