Ahh…the day after Thanksgiving. A day for releasing your inner shopaholic and trying to figure out what to do with all those leftovers from you family’s feast the day before. I’m generally not a big leftover fan. I don’t like the way food tastes when it’s reheated. I know, I’m weird. But, one thing I’ve found is that if you transform the leftovers into something new in the right way, the leftovers are practically shiny and new all over again. Those are the kind of leftovers I can get down with! For example, I’m a big fan of this Leftover Thanksgiving Breakfast Recipe: Turkey Egg Casserole (For Four).
In fact, I’ve had fun experimenting with holiday leftovers in recent years. Scroll to the end of this post to see a list of even more recipes for Thanksgiving leftover ideas.
- 6 large eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- dash salt
- dash pepper
- ½ cup leftover cooked turkey
- ½ cup leftover cooked vegetable of choice
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (or sub cheese of choice)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional, but adds great color and fresh flavor), plus more to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare 9" x 5" (6 cup capacity) loaf pan by brushing with oil, melted butter (or spraying with non-stick spray).
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add eggs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk with a fork to evenly combine. Stir in turkey, vegetables, and cheese.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center is set (when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Wait till dish is safe to handle. Slice, serve, top with more parsley if you want, and enjoy!
Note: we used leftover vegetables from this brussels sprouts recipe
Click the photo above for 8 easy and delicious ways to transform your Thanksgiving leftovers into delicious new eats!
More Turkey Day Leftovers Recipes
- Turkey, Veggie Tray, Barley Soup (a simple soup that also helps cook up any veggie tray leftovers you may have from entertaining)
- Turkey Egg Breakfast Casserole (made with kale and smoked gouda)
- Curried Turkey Shepherd’s Pie (give your turkey a flavor makeover with this simple recipe that also uses leftover mashed potatoes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup (try subbing turkey for the chicken!)
- Vegetarian (Or Vegan) Tempeh Shepherd’s Pie (great for those leftover mashed potatoes)
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cheesecake (adds tartness to a classic cheesecake)
And here are more Thanksgiving Leftover ideas from around the web
- Layered Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole by Jeannette’s Healthy Living (plus links to more ideas!)
- Slow Cooker Lemony Turkey Soup with Spinach and Orzo by Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Leftover Sweet Potato Casserole, Brie, and Bacon Grilled Cheese by How Sweet It Is
- Open Faced Turkey Cranberry Enchilada Melt by Running to the Kitchen
More Delicious Egg Recipes
- Turkey Cheddar Egg Frittatas Recipe
- Spiced Individual Egg Bake Recipe
- Individual Spinach Cheddar Egg Bake Recipe (Serves One)
Did you like this recipe? Please share it with your friends using one of the share buttons at the end of this post. When you share my posts, it helps me know what you guys like, and what I should focus on blogging about in the future.
Thanks for stopping by! Hope you like this Leftover Thanksgiving Breakfast Recipe: Turkey Egg Casserole (For Four). Happy eating!0